Monday, January 09, 2012

Interview with Impact striker Justin Braun

Justin Bruan is on way left --- Per: SportsNet.ca
This offseason, the Montreal Impact acquired striker Justin Braun via trade. The 24-year-old striker played 96 matches (72 as starter) for Chivas USA in four seasons. He tailed eight goals and five assists in 2011. Near the time the Impact unveiled their new uniforms, I was able to talk to Braun via email.

Click "Read More" for the full interview.

Q. How did you find out about being traded to the Impact and what was your first reaction when you heard the news?


A. I received a phone call from my former coach at chivas usa informing me I had been traded. At first I was a little shocked, very surprised that i had been traded. It was something that I wasn't expecting to happen. after the initial shock I became very excited to join the impact. Its a new chapter of my career




Q. How do you feel about joining an expansion squad?

A. I'm very excited to be apart of something this big and special to the city of Montreal. I cant wait for the first day of pre season to get started with my new team. I believe Jesse has put together a solid group of guys that will be able to compete from day one. I know the city and fans are amazing so I'm looking forward to playing in front of such a passionate crowd.



Q. Have you ever been to Montreal before and/or what do you know about the city?

A. I was just there for the jersey unveiling. [It] was my first experience of the city. [I] was only there for 2 days but Montreal seems like a very energetic city wit lots of things to do. I'm looking forward to getting to experience the city and all it has to offer.




Q. I know you have a lot of close friends that play for Chivas USA (judging by the tweets I saw coming your way) - What will it be like to suit up against them next season? Will there be a circle on the calendar around that game?

A. I think it will be an emotional game but very exciting at the same time. It will be weird to be playing in the home depot center with another team. I spent my first 4 years with them and they were the one club that was willing to give me a chance. I owe that club and the fans there a lot. I have no hard feelings toward the club. It will be fun to play against all my former teammates and friends. I think it will be a game to remember.



Q. What are your thoughts on Montreal head coach Jesse Marsch? How familiar are you with him?

A. I was fortunate to be able to play with Jesse for two years while he was at chivas usa. I'm very excited to get to play under him as a coach. I would say I have a pretty decent relationship with him. I learned a lot form him while I played at chivas and can only imagine how much more I will learn and grow as a player while being coached by him. Jesse has an amazing soccer mind and I truly believe he is going to do amazing things with the club and I couldn't be happier to apart of that.



Q. How would you explain to the Montreal Impact fans what your playing style is like and what do you bring to the locker room?

A. I'm a player that is going to leave it all on the field game in and game out. I will bring a lot of excitement and passion on and off the field. They can also expect to see a lot of goals out of me. I feel the system Jesse will make will allow me to flourish.



Q. What do you enjoy doing away from the pitch?

A. I enjoy doing lots of outdoor activities. I am found of anything that involves the outdoors. Growing up I was really into snowboarding and wake boarding. I also enjoy playing all other sports. I got really into beach volleyball and surfing while in California.



Q. Are you a die hard fan of any teams outside of the US, specifically the EPL?

A. I wouldn't say I'm a die hard fan of any club. However, my allegiance is with Arsenal. I love the style of soccer they play.


As I said since day one of this acquisition, Braun is a star in the making. I think he will flourish in Montreal.

Like the interview? Think another player or coach would make for a great interview about soccer in Canada/Montreal Impact? Leave your thoughts in the comments below and/or hit me up on Twitter at @MLSinMONTREAL.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. We are happy to offer you a 10% discount to our Online Store if you do so. Please email me back and I would be happy to give you our link.

    Thanks!

    Frank
    frank641w@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete