Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Impact mixing experience with young, talented players

There has been many roster developments with this team since I last posted. There was the expansion draft and the trade for Tyson Wahl. Justin Braun, Davy Arnaud and Donovan Ricketts.

Donovan Ricketts - Credit: Pépé, Montreal Impact
Glenn Davis, (his Twitter bio: TV commentator, former professional soccer player, host of Soccer Matters /All Access on Sports Talk 790) had this to say about the Impact's moves when I asked him.

Davis said " seem to be finding balance of experience, youth and value which is always the trick I suppose."


Click "Read More" for my take on the Impact's current roster.


My favorite move thus far has been the trade for Ricketts. This guy is a "beast" in goal. On top of that, he knows what it takes to play at the highest level and win an MLS Cup championship. I believe he will bring outstanding experience to this squad.

Justin Bruan - Credit: http://chivasusafans.wordpress.com
I think forwards Brian Ching (if he stays in Montreal) and Justin Braun could become a nice duo up-front. I have always been a fan of Braun's game and think he could be become a star in Montreal.

Davis had the following to say about Braun, "he is big, strong and a good pick up."

Midfielders Arnaud, Justin Mapp, Josh Gardner, Sanna Nyassi and Collen Warner are solid (Warner/Nyassi have tremendous upside) and we all know this team has been built on defense.

Arnaud is going to be one of the contributing veterans on this team in year one. He brings a great deal of experience and will show everyone how to be professional on and off the pitch.

As @soccerprime pointed out, "@impactmontreal [#]IMFC just signed their captain."

In the back, there is Nelson RivasBobby Burling, Hassoun Camara and Tyson Wahl. This is an extremely big defense with Rivas (5'11''). Burling (6'5''). Camara (6'2'') and Wahl (6'2'').

I have not seen Rivas play before but I know Burling and Wahl bring a toughness and never-back-down-from-anyone kind of attitude. In my opinion, Burling is the type of player I hate to play against but love when he is on my team.

I know you have an opinion on all these moves. Please leave your thoughts in the comments below and/or hit me up on Twitter at @MLSinMONTREAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment